Access the Create Blog page to make your blog in three easy steps.
1. Choose the URL for your blog
Select a domain that you would like to use from the domain list.
The text that appears before the domain, is called the subdomain. The subdomain is by default your Hatena ID, but you may change it to anything that you like. Please note that Hatena Blog has the following restrictions on subdomains that you can use:
- You can only use alphabetical letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (-) in your subdomains. Subdomains are not case-sensitive, so use of upper or lowercase will not affect the URL.
- Hyphens cannot be used as the first or last characters for your subdomain. Hyphens cannot be used in series in your subdomain either.
- Your URL will be displayed with the format "subdomain.domain". You cannot use a subdomain that another user has already created.
- Certain subdomains which contain trademarked or inappropriate names cannot be used.
2. Choose who can read your blog
You can choose from two privacy settings when you create your blog.
- Public: Anyone on the internet can read your blog.
- Private: Only you can read your blog.
You can change your privacy settings at anytime, or customize the settings so that only certain people you can read your blog from the settings page of your Dashboard.
3. Click on the "Create Blog" button
After you click the "Create Blog" button, your blog will be created.
You can create a maximum of 3 different blogs with your Hatena account.