About Hatena Blog
Hatena Blog is a place to post original content to express yourself, inspire others, and share useful information with people around the world.
Recommended Uses of Hatena Blog
- Write about things that are important to you.
- Share your everyday feelings or thoughts with others.
- Tell readers about things that you are interested in.
- Document your daily life or things that happen to you.
- Share special events and information with your friends or colleagues.
- Write about family and relationships, or about times you want to remember.
- Let others know about your future plans or dreams.
- Documents your daily routines, hobbies or pastimes.
- Share information with the general public.
- Share your writing or art with others.
- Let people know about events that are taking place.
- Share useful knowledge or information to help others.
- Make public announcements for your organization.
We do not allow Hatena Blog to be used solely for advertising, publicity, solicitation for commercial purposes, or to drive traffic to third-party commercial websites except as expressly allowed by Hatena. However, the following limited commercial uses of the Hatena Blog service are permitted:
- Advertisements by groups or individuals on their blog that are related to promotion of their own group or individual activities.
- Introducing products or links to products or services in a blog is allowed only in cases where the blog contains an entirely original review or content specifically related to those products or services, written solely by the author of the blog.
- Hatena Blog is accessed by people of all ages, including minors. Please do not post images, videos or text which contain pornographic or sexually explicit content, graphic or gratuitous violence, or content that promotes hate or violence towards specific groups or individuals.
- Hatena does not tolerate bullying or harassment. Repeatedly targeting other users with unwanted comments, or misusing the add star or blog subscription feature is a form of harassment.
- Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating blog URLs that are offensive to public order and morals violates Hatena's terms.
- Creating multiple accounts or blog URLs for illegitimate purposes, or use of multiple accounts to abuse Hatena's online services is prohibited when using the Hatena Blog Website.
The following activities are prohibited when using Hatena Blog:
- Installing or distributing scripts or code which may cause annoyance to other users.
- Selling or otherwise transferring your account or blog URL without the consent of Hatena.
- Hatena, in its sole discretion, may also prohibit actions, other than those listed here, which are determined by Hatena to be unacceptable.
Prohibited Advertisement and Commercial Usage Types
Users must ensure that any advertisement and commercial usage of Hatena Blog does not contain any of the following types of prohibited content:
- Inclusion of ads which promote illegal items or activities, or ads which contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
- Inclusion of content which promotes multi-level marketing or pyramid schemes.
- Content which directs or incites prospective buyers to contact sellers directly, or inclusion of contact information such as email addresses, postal address or telephone numbers for sellers.
- Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, nor contain any content which may be offensive to public order and morals.
- Inclusion of ads or hyperlinks which have no connection to the content of blog entries.
- Inclusion of keywords which have no connection to the content of blog entries.
- Use of meaningless computer-generated text, or reposting content from other blogs or sites for commercial purposes.
- Use of any text, images, product descriptions or reviews from other websites or sources which were not written by yourself for commercial purposes.
- Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties, advertising provider or sponsor.
- Multiple cross linking or posting of the same hyperlinks by individuals, groups, or organizations for commercials purposes.
- Use of hidden or deceptive links, or links to sites that contain spyware, malware, or any software that performs actions hidden to the user.
- Inclusion of content which directs users to third party websites solely to generate revenue, or content posted only for the purpose of search engine optimization to generate revenue.
Protection of Users Aged 18 and Under
- Attempting to exchange contact information, propositioning or suggesting real-life encounters with individuals under the age of 18 is not allowed on Hatena's online services and may result in the immediate removal of your blog and termination of your Hatena account.
- Hatena may involve and cooperate with law enforcement in cases of suspected bullying, physical abuse, harassment, or sex crimes involving users under the age of 18.
Account Warnings and Account Termination
Changes to these Community Guidelines
These Community Guidelines may be updated from time to time, so please check this page regularly.
- Blog entries may be removed from popular blog lists and recommended blog lists.
- Blogs may be permanently set to private mode and/or removed from public view.
- Blogs may be permanently removed from the service.
- Users may have their IP addresses temporarily or permanently blocked from the service.
- Users may be temporarily or permanently suspended from accessing, possessing or creating any other Hatena account.
In appropriate cases, referrals will be made to outside law enforcement agencies for content posted to Hatena Blog which is illegal, or may harm, threaten, or violate the rights or the safety of any person.