Every blog on Hatena Blog has a unique "Posting address" that you can use to create blog entries by sending emails. You can find your posting address by accessing the Advanced tab on the settings page for your blog.
- The title of your email will be the blog entry title, and the email text will be the blog entry text.
- Images attached to emails will be displayed at the top of the blog entry.
- Images attached to emails will be uploaded to your "Hatena Blog" folder on Hatena Fotolife, with a privacy setting of "Private",
- Use WYSIWYG mode to send HTML encoded email messages and pre-format your blog entry as you like in your email client.
- Use Hatena Notation mode to include Hatena Notation in emails and format your blog entry as you like in your email text.
- Add ".hatena" to the posting address before the @ symbol to enable use of Hatena Notation in WYSIWYG mode.
- You can also create drafts for future blog entries by sending emails to the draft posting address.
- You can send your blog entries from email addresses other than the one you used for your Hatena registration.